Our values and behaviours
Our values and behaviours will shape our culture, influencing the work we do and how we do it
Our values are important to us. They guide the way we behave, individually and together, and give us a firm foundation to promote excellence in nursing and midwifery for the benefit of the public.
We've aligned these to our strategic aims.
Each value is crucial, but their real strength comes from how they work together.
We treat everyone fairly. Fairness is at the heart of our role as a trusted, transparent regulator and employer.
We act with kindness and in a way that values people, their insights, situations and experiences.
We take pride in our work. We’re open to new ways of working and always aim to do our best for the professionals on our register, the public we serve and each other.
We value our relationships (both within and outside of the NMC) and recognise that we’re at our best when we work well with others.
Our Behavioural and Competency Framework
- Integrity and Professionalism (maps to Kind, Fair, Ambitious)
- Professional communicator (maps to Fair, Kind, Collaborative)
- Analytical skills and decision making (maps to Fair)
- Resilient (maps to Ambitious)
- Working with and valuing others ( maps to Collaborative and Kind)
- For Chairs only - Leadership